FFI · Mynard Road

Waiting on Clearance for Take Off

It looks like we’re finally on the mend. We’ve been waiting for the abscess to clear up, which I think it *finally* has. I’m still packing the hoof with iodine soaked cotton pads in order to keep it clean, but there is no heat in the hoof wall and Jimmy tells me through his actions that he is feeling GOOD!

Now that the abscess is taken care of, we’re going to shoe him and put a wedge on the bowed leg to offer some support to the tendon. The farrier is due out on Tuesday. After that, if Dr. Angie thinks things are going well, we’ll be ready for some limited turnout and perhaps light riding again! Yippee!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s